Airfryer?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(28-07-2023, 09:47 AM)JJB Wrote:
(27-07-2023, 03:41 PM)Vinny Wrote: I'm drooling watching this:-

https://youtu.be/3ELuUKbOYXE

Looks scrummy. Don't forget to report back with pictures and opinions Vinny.  Which model airfryer did you go for?
..............just the tower basic £30 jobbie from Amazon.

It was ok but far too hard to crunch. I tried cutting into strips and par boiling some, then air frying. This was better, but not as good as I had hoped for.

The only other thing I have cooked in it was 1/4 pound burgers but could only do two at a time. As I usually do four at a time in oven there was no time or energy saving and they just turned out the same. I just hope it doesn't turn out like George Foreman thingy which is burried in the far reaches of the attic? Next things to try will be Kato's skin on chicken thighs which was one of the main reasons for purchase. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks for sharing that, Vinny. I'll stick with my free Halogen cookers (I have 4 now - but 2 are on their way out).
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
I wasn't too impressed with the belly pork done in the fryer, but was impressed with the chicken thighs for Kato which was one of the main reasons I bought it. Cool

I now need to experimet with it cookig a steak and cooking lambs liver?
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Can anyone give me a clue as to what DOES work well in an air fryer because I haven't found ANYTHING yet that is not better cooked in the oven! Sick

The chicken thighs for Kato which I thought were a success after 35 minutes turned out to be rubbery and semi-raw?

I have just put 3 chicken legs in for Kato  for 30 minutes. Turned them and cooked them for another 10 minutes and there was still blood oozing from them. I have had to put them in the main oven for 15 minutes to see whether they will cook off! That will be 55 minutes whereas when I used to cook them in the main oven it took 45 minutes, go figure?

Surely there must be something this damm thing is useful for? Huh

PS whist washing it one of the three tiny rubber/plastic bits o the inner tray went down the plughole. They cant be bought and you have to replace the full drawer! Angry
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Maybe, she said hopefully, your airfryer is faulty? No idea but you're doing a good job of stopping me buying one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It has been suggested by someone nearby Wink that you microwave them for 10 minutes and use a blow torch to crisp them up. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
I can't eve prise  the top offf the damm thing, so I could turn it into an ornamental planter! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not recommending an airfryer then Vinnie? Big Grin it's definitely not on my Ch.....mas list.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Have you done chips in it yet?
You did go for a cheaper end of the range model. So sorry to say you get what you pay for.
I love mine. Last thing I did was jalapeño poppers. They were just as good as oven cooked ones. Just cooked a little quicker.

To be honest we only went with a more expensive one because it will be our only oven when we’re in the caravan.
Turns out it is now as well because our cooker didn’t like being moved and hasn’t work since Saturday. It keeps tripping the electric when you turn it on. In our temporary house.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(03-08-2023, 03:23 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Have you done chips in it yet? 
You did go for a cheaper end of the range model. So sorry to say you get what you pay for.
I love mine. Last thing I did was jalapeño poppers. They were just as good as oven cooked ones. Just cooked a little quicker.

To be honest we only went with a more expensive one because it will be our only oven when we’re in the caravan.
Turns out it is now as well because our cooker didn’t like being moved and hasn’t work since Saturday. It keeps tripping the electric when you turn it on. In our temporary house.
Carb free I'm afraid SC. Smile

On the plus side, it only cost me £30 and Tower is supposed to be  a decent make? The " You only get what you pay for" doesn't always hold true.I would have been totally gutted if I had splashed out more and got similar results! Rolleyes I live alone so a bigger version would have been pointless.

Horses for courses I suppose. My Daughter swears by hers and itis similar to mine. She does cook a lot of chips and nuggets etc in it though.
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie