Airfryer?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Airfryers seem to be all the rage just now and I am considering buying one. If anyone has any recommendations I would be intereted?

There's only myself to cater for, so a small one would probably be ok for me.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Did you try the Halogen cooker in the big box in your attic? They're sold as "airfryers" too.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
We’ve just brought one. And it really is quite amazing what it can do! We got it for cooking in the caravan.
Obviously we’ve been trying it out. Chips are very good and no part boiling needed. The chocolate chip muffins were very good. Cooked the roast pork and roasted spuds in it as well. A very slight bit of a tweak on timings and it’ll be perfect. We did it for a little to long. But still perfectly edible and the best cracking we’ve ever made! Back on & sausages are also very good.
We have a dual zone ninja. Very easy to clean. Not cheap but definitely worth it in my opinion. It’s not as noisy as I thought it would be. That’s another bonus.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've been pondering whether to get one too.
Useful Good Housekeeping review at https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/prod...ir-fryers/
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
23rd June 8pm channel 4. There was a programme on weather they’re worth it or not. It was very interesting. Well worth a watch. If you can find it on one of the many apps, website, repeats, YouTube, etc etc.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(14-07-2023, 04:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: Did you try the Halogen cooker in the big box in your attic? They're sold as "airfryers" too.
That's spooky! I'd forgot about that. Can't even remember mentioning it...............but you can! Rolleyes In answer to your question, no I haven't tried it, but am beggining to wonder why I was given it? Huh Smile
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(14-07-2023, 06:35 PM)Small chilli Wrote: 23rd June 8pm channel 4. There was a programme on weather they’re worth it or not. It was very interesting. Well worth a watch. If you can find it on one of the many apps, website, repeats, YouTube, etc etc.
I'll have  a search for that! Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
(14-07-2023, 06:35 PM)Small chilli Wrote: 23rd June 8pm channel 4. There was a programme on weather they’re worth it or not. It was very interesting. Well worth a watch. If you can find it on one of the many apps, website, repeats, YouTube, etc etc.
Watching now! Big Grin
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(14-07-2023, 06:53 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(14-07-2023, 04:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: Did you try the Halogen cooker in the big box in your attic? They're sold as "airfryers" too.
That's spooky! I'd forgot about that. Can't even remember mentioning it...............but you can! Rolleyes In answer to your question, no I haven't tried it, but am beggining to wonder why I was given it? Huh Smile
Of course I remember you mentioning it - how could I forget?
I use the halogen cooker most days - its very versatile - that's why I'm wondering whether I really need an airfryer. I like being able to see how things are cooking as they're in a glass bowl. You can't do that with most of the airfryers.
In Farmfoods they were selling a DAEWOO Halogen cooker and a Daewoo Airfryer. I think they were £39.99 each. Cheap enough to try out without losing too much.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
I'm veering towards the 30 squid Tower Vortex T17023 jobbie.   Huh

At that price it can join the George Foreman grill and the Breville sandwich maker in obscurty if it's crap! Big Grin

Dunno why I want to cook healthy anyway, as I coat everything with butter, dripping, lard or full fat cheese! Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie