Airfryer?
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Have spare ribs got any carbs

Air fried 20 minutes. At 200. With a homemade bbq sauce . Would lower temp to 180 next time.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Now you're talking SC. Cool 

I have been toying with going one step further and adopting the Lion diet after watching and listening to Jordan Peterson who I follow a lot.. This would comprise of meat from ruminant animals only, with the main emphasis being on beef cooked in beef tallow which I seem to thrive on.

Until then I might give spare ribs a try as they can be picked up fairly cheaply at Morries, Iv'e even seen them for sale ready flavoured. Hopefully mine will turn out like yours which look tasty. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli

Vinny Offline
(03-08-2023, 09:31 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Have spare ribs got any carbs

Air fried 20 minutes. At 200. With a homemade bbq sauce . Would lower temp to 180 next time.
Nice one SC. Cool

I've finally found something that didn't turn out too bad in this damm thing! Rolleyes

I coated the ribs in a 25p packet of chinese flavouring. Cooked for 10 minutes at 190 degrees, shuffled ribs around, cooked for another 10 minutes, still was not happy they were fully cooked so cooked another 5 minutes at 200 degrees and they are cooked and tasty! Smile

Piccie below!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
PS In future if I am doing ribs I will add a greasproof paper insert as it was a beggar to clean the pan! Blush I bought 50 insets when I bought the AF so I may as well use them! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Just an update to say I am beginning to warm to this little contraption sitting on the bench,if you'll excuse the pun Rolleyes . Some of the meats I have been pleased with are sausages, ribs, pork chops and chicken thighs. The only big failure was black pudding which turned out like giant poker chips! Sick

I don't tthink I have used the oven since I bought it and have even cooked a small gammon joint in it! Cool

I think of it more as a small round grill rather than a fryer and if I keep the fatty portions of meat to the top I have no problems. The main reason I bought it was for Kato's chicken thighs or legs, and after a bit of experimentation, and not overloading it, I think I have found the knack to cooking them.

When I first got it I would have given it a 3 out of 10 but now I have got used to it a bit 7 out of 10 seems about right as a lot of things can't be cooked in it, not the way I like them cooked anyway! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie