Eat your Flowers
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2023, 09:30 AM)JJB Wrote: Are we going alphabetical with edible seeds too?
I store my seeds alphabetically so its easier to go through one letter at a time. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2023, 10:56 AM)Veggie Wrote: The Monarda I want to grow are for herb tea rather than nibbling
Scarlet,  I grew some of your Tree spinach years ago and its finally disappeared but, I have plenty more seeds. Big Grin Have you tried it in flower arrangements?
Theres only so much tea one can drink - and I only do coffee or wine.

Tree spinach wilts to quickly for flowers - but I think you can use the seeds as a flour? Or eat them somehow.... again you probably can grow something that will use the space more wisely.

The orach/atriplex plumes I put in the seed swap looks similar - but the seeds on the stems are amazing when in a bunch....they also self seed everywhere!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love these. So pretty and tasty

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(10-04-2023, 11:00 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 11:08 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'm revisiting this thread and making a list of Ornamental/Edible plants I want to try growing. So far:-
Agastache, Amaranth, Bergamot, Cornflower, Chinese Violet Cress, Chamomile, Caraway, Cumin, Dill, Flax, Fennel, Millet. Nigella, Bread seed Poppy, Quinoa, Sunflower.
There'll be more. Big Grin
+ Borage, Calendula, Huazontle, Malabar Spinach, Nasturtium, Orach, Perilla, Soapwort, Tree Spinach

I may have said this before (many times) but I have this dream garden that is filled with edible or useful plants that are also ornamental. A garden that I can wander in, picking and nibbling as I go. If I had a blank canvas (like SC) that's what I'd be doing.
Time to have a look at this list again. I didn't do very well with it last year.  Blush
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Here's one we all grow (I think!) Honesty - Lunaria. I knew it was a brassica but hadn't joined up the dots to eat it!

This is from the "UK Wild Food Larder" FB group:-
"The young spicy leaves before flowering are delicious in a salad.
All parts of honesty are edible & the ground green seed pods gathered later in the year make for a lovely mustard substitute."

PFAF
https://pfaf.org/USER/Plant.aspx?LatinNa...aria+annua
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli