Bread
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Lightbulb 
Just made my first loaf of bread ever! Smile After all this kneading and proving it better be  good or else I am going back to Warburtons! Rolleyes

Its a lot more time consuming than I imagined. Undecided
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 8 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Nothing better than warm bread with butter, no matter what sort. I hope yours is nice. I'm afraid I use a bread making machine rather than doing it all by hand. Still tastes good though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
Breadmaker for me too. The smell drives me wild, particularly if I set the timer and have the bread ready early in the morning. I haven't been able to buy bread flour though since before lockdown. I'm down to the last bag now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I love making bread and I love eating bread, but my waistline doesn't like it at all.

Nothing beats home baked Smile

My best tip is... use less flour than you think you need, and leave the dough wetter than you think it should be.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Moth

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have a breadmaker but this is the first time I have done it the labour intensive way. Rolleyes

I think my breadmaker is in the attic so I may dig it out again. I used to use the mixes which gave good results but I can't seem to find them these days? Huh

Hard work, but it gives me the pleasure of knowing I at least can bake a loaf of bread in case of an Apocalypse Confused
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, JJB

Bren Offline
I'm another bread maker I use the dough hook on my Kenwood Chef then finish of kneading by hand. Love the taste and smell of home made bread. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
We're lucky enough to have a working watermill in the village and all organic flours so we make bread every other day, alternating between conventionnel and sourdough. MrPP 'makes' the ordinary in the breadmaker and I do the sourdough by hand. I love kneading - so therapeutic!! Food of the gods - lunch is just bread & butter followed by fruit. Simple but delicious Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Veggie

Mikey Offline
I’ve made quite a bit of bread during lockdown, favourite with the family was the tear and share Hokkaido milk bread, after watching Paul Hollywood in Japan.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 8 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Greenfingers Offline
(21-05-2020, 10:37 PM)Mikey Wrote: I’ve made quite a bit of bread during lockdown, favourite with the family was the tear and share Hokkaido milk bread, after watching Paul Hollywood in Japan.

I could just eat that!
[-] The following 3 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Mikey

Mikey Offline
You gotta be quick round here too, that one didn’t actually cool.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Jay, PyreneesPlot