Blueberry leaf tea
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I didnt realise you could use bluebery leaves in this way? I have two blueberry bushes in the garden but very rarely get a blueberry from them as the birds get most of them. I grow them  as an ornamental shrub mainly for their autumn foliage. They have a sentimental value as well because I got them off my neighbour who has now unfortunately passed away.
I may try utilising some of the leaves for tea as they supposedly have health benefits?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Looks like you need to dry the leaves first.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(15-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Veggie Wrote: Looks like you need to dry the leaves first.
I spotted a youtube video where they used fresh leaves? Tea looked very weak though?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
First find the leaves on your blueberry, mine's bare. I think I'll stick to normal teabags..... unless there's a shortage Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(15-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(15-02-2024, 12:46 AM)Veggie Wrote: Looks like you need to dry the leaves first.
I spotted a youtube video where they used fresh leaves? Tea looked very weak though?
Most herb teas look weak because they're just water and leaves!

What do you drink on a carnivore diet, Vinny? I'm imagining a glass of blood. Sick
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(15-02-2024, 04:26 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(15-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Vinny Wrote:
Most herb teas look weak because they're just water and leaves!

What do you drink on a carnivore diet, Vinny? I'm imagining a glass of blood. Sick
H20 is the Lion and carnivore diet drink. I drink sparkling water  mainly(enjoy coffee with double cream though) but I've just had four slices of blood (black pudding) for my supper! Tongue
That reminds me of a story about Christopher Lee who always played Dracula. He visited Transalvania on a fact finding mission and they served him a bowl of warm blood in a resteraunt as a joke! He had them all crossing themselves when he actually finished the bowl. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie