Porridge Mix
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's the Kenwood. The Breadmaker's at the bottom of the cupboard, on the floor. I can reach that. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

toomanytommytoes Offline
I don't like the texture of most supermarket rolled oats, so I get pinhead oats online. I cook up a batch which lasts me 4 or 5 days - 320g of oats, 6 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of salt. Then I heat 250g of that in a covered bowl for 2 minutes in the microwave. It's nice on its own but sometimes I add dried fruit before microwaving.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie

Bren Offline
I'm a pinhead oats fan, buy mine from the local corn merchant, cooking them in a double pan Sunday evening. One cup of oats to 5 cups of water is plenty for Monday to Friday breakfasts. This morning had apple and raspberries from the freezer then topped with yoghurt.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(06-02-2024, 10:19 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I don't like the texture of most supermarket rolled oats, so I get pinhead oats online. I cook up a batch which lasts me 4 or 5 days - 320g of oats, 6 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of salt. Then I heat 250g of that in a covered bowl for 2 minutes in the microwave. It's nice on its own but sometimes I add dried fruit before microwaving.

Which ones do you get TMTT? Added delivery costs seem to make the ones I've looked at very expensive.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu

toomanytommytoes Offline
(07-02-2024, 04:45 PM)Moth Wrote:
(06-02-2024, 10:19 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I don't like the texture of most supermarket rolled oats, so I get pinhead oats online. I cook up a batch which lasts me 4 or 5 days - 320g of oats, 6 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of salt. Then I heat 250g of that in a covered bowl for 2 minutes in the microwave. It's nice on its own but sometimes I add dried fruit before microwaving.

Which ones do you get TMTT? Added  delivery costs seem to make the ones I've looked at very expensive.
Usually BWFO - https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/oa...nhead.html. I get nuts, seeds and other stuff from them too (cheaper per kilogram than buying from a supermarket) so end up with free delivery. You can also get 1-4% of your spend back as points you can take off future orders. 

This site is one I haven't seen before - https://www.johnhogarth.co.uk/product/ho...-5kg-bags/. Postage is £5.50 but the oats are cheaper.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Moth