Declutter 365
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

.pdf   52-week-organized-home-list-2024.pdf (Size: 131.62 KB / Downloads: 11)
I saw a FB Group that aims to have its readers declutter an area of their house every day for a year. Each declutter project takes 15 minutes (so they say).  There's a downloadable calendar with each day's project listed. For me, 15 minutes is very optimistic but I thought I'd use the list as an idea of where to start. There's also a weekly list which summarises the weeks - I hope I've posted a link to that if you want to join me!
This week its Kitchen counters and sink.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That’s a very thorough list. I’d like to see the breakdown of some of those week because they confuse me. Most are self explanatory.
I would join you but I sort of did most that while pack and moving. Some of those things are going to take more than a week. But they can overflow into the weeks that don’t apply. Some sections make my blood run cold! (Paperwork).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If you do a FB search for Declutter365 you'll see this month's breakdown and a link to download the year's calendar. There's a lot of waffle though and "offers" which are mostly limited to US residents. I'm just using it to spur me into action - I'm still on the kitchen sink!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I fear my decluttering of kitchen counters would only be a case of stuffing the miscreant stuff into cupboards or drawers. I'm not good at throwing away.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I think I'll stick with The Minimal Mom, thanks. I like her ideas, and I've decluttered a lot since watching some of her videos.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Today I got rid of a few books, cookery & fiction, a balloon whisk and a fridge magnet to the charity shop. A few weeks ago I acquired a wheelbarrow (the Boss would be proud of me), a plastic bodied pneumatic tyred sort, far superior to our old metal one.

My new year's resolution is that every visit into town will mean a bag of stuff to the charity shop. Another possible resolution is that every trip into the loft I shall bring down something to either bin, recycle or donate.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Welcome on board, JJB. Big Grin I got rid of a fridge magnet today, too..........and a 10 bank extension lead thing - both to a lady who rescues tortoises. The magnet had a tortoise on it! She brought me a dozen mincepies and a bag of dates which I will enjoy eating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That sound like a very fair exchange. I've never found a tortoise that needed rescuing, is she busy?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes she is busy. Not sure how many she has at the moment but some months ago she had some babies that had hatched from eggs laid by some of the rescues. You'd be amazed how many tortoises go for a walk and are found months later for from home. One of my tortoises went missing and turned up in spring in the next door but one's compost heap. I don't have any now. Two went AWOL and have never been seen again.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(04-01-2024, 12:08 PM)Veggie Wrote: Yes she is busy. Not sure how many she has at the moment but some months ago she had some babies that had hatched from eggs laid by some of the rescues. You'd be amazed how many tortoises go for a walk and are found months later for from home. One of my tortoises went missing and turned up in spring in the next door but one's compost heap. I don't have any now. Two went AWOL and have never been seen again.

Amazing. Ive never even had a close encounter with a British tortoise, only a Thai one who took refuge in our garden.  He was massive about 16-18 inches across. We assumed he was wild. He had the tortoise equivalent of woodworm. I kept my distance.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie