Floods
SarrissUK Offline
Oh Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad That's terrible flooding, so much destruction Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Jen so sorry to hear about your troubles. Brings back memories of my old Alfa Romeo Alfasud, when it rained the windscreen leaked and the water collected in the footwells. I drilled numerous holes to drain it. Minor compared to your troubles I know. Sending you a big Irish hug.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(25-10-2023, 08:44 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Oh Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad That's terrible flooding, so much destruction Sad
Thanks Sarriss, good to hear you. Long time no see, welcome back. Are you still in UK?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(25-10-2023, 11:36 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Jen so sorry to hear about your troubles. Brings back memories of my old Alfa Romeo Alfasud, when it rained the windscreen leaked and the water collected in the footwells. I drilled numerous holes to drain it. Minor compared to your troubles I know. Sending you a big Irish hug.
Thank you Can, I really need a bundle of hugs.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Hi Jen

Such a shame, must be a real nightmare. We have friends in East Cowes and their ground floor is underwater.

Hope you have resolution to the issues soon x
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
Hi Jen

Sorry to hear about your flooding, sending big hugs.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks both. All hugs gratefully received. Its the decisions what to do next that cripple me thank goodness P is here, I don't know what I would do without him. Whether to get a replacement car (same as the beloved one) or hire one , even buying any sort of car you need transport to go and see it. I shall be glad to get home.

Boss, your friends in Cowes must bee devastated, at least our flat is on the top floor, no worries about water getting in there. The old terraced houses on our street all have basement tenants, real devastation for them. We're so much luckier. The flood seems to have arisen because someone didn't put enough barriers up to keep the flood waters contained. I expect that will be an ongoing story.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Do you have another car at home or is the Picasso your only one? If there's a 2nd car, could someone bring it to you/ or the ferry so that you could come home & collect whatever tools you need to. Maybe take a few days away from IOW while you think it over?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ha...e-67225552
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Admin Offline
The Boss
(26-10-2023, 03:15 PM)JJB Wrote: Thanks both. All hugs gratefully received.  Its the decisions what to do next that cripple me thank goodness P is here, I don't know what I would do without him. Whether to get a replacement car (same as the beloved one) or hire one , even buying any sort of car you need transport to go and see it. I shall be glad to get home.

Boss, your friends in Cowes must bee devastated,  at least our flat is on the top floor, no worries about water getting in there. The old terraced houses on our street all have basement tenants, real devastation for them. We're so much luckier.  The flood seems to have arisen because someone didn't put enough barriers up to keep the flood waters contained. I expect that will be an ongoing story.
A bit like the floating bridge!
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-10-2023, 03:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you have another car at home  or is the Picasso your only one? If there's a 2nd car, could someone bring it to you/ or the ferry so that you could come home & collect whatever tools you need to. Maybe take a few days away from IOW while you think it over?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ha...e-67225552

No as I'm the only driver we only have the one car. Zebedee (the car) bless her, even though she had been sitting in 27" of water, started this morning to enable me to get her out of the garage. Having bailed out various cubbies full of water I left her in the sunshine to 'air' I tried to start her again but she said sorry mum I've given my last breath. We have arranged, at great expense, to get her shipped home to have a think about the way forward.  My lad is coming over to collect us tomorrow afternoon. Funnily enough Zebedee started for the  car transporter man. She's not giving up yet.

That news clip is amazing, I was sitting in that pub on that very seat on Monday, I feel so sorry for the publican, he's had a hard time  keeping the pub going and now he has this to cope with.  Makes my drama feel very insignificant in comparison. Our flat looks out on the road where the pub is. All the properties along the road and beyond have all been flooded.
The blue arrow marks the multi million pound flood defence wall that wasn't gated properly. The lake beyond is a grass recreation ground, it's slowly returning to grass.

Greetings from Salisbury