Christmas New Potatoes
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I have planted my First Early Solist spuds in the raised beds in poly tunnel to have new potatoes for Christmas.
I got the seed potatoes from an Irish we sit Quickcrop.ie the arrive with sprouts on the tubers, I kept them on the bench for about 2 weeks then planted them out. I dug lots of granular seaweed and BFB, and pelleted chicken manure into the beds.

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
An update on my Christmas spuds, roughly 3 weeks in, all the recent warm weather has helped. See the pics below, those of you that are sharp eyed will see a few rogue nasturtiums growing in between them, these are a hang over from my earlier tomato growing. 

The plants are about 8-10” high. 

[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Didn’t take any phots but it looks like I won’t be getting any Christmas spuds, they appear to have got a dart of frost during the week and most of the stems have gone limp leaves yellowed…..
I’ll leave them in the raised beds they might kick back to life again in the spring
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(29-10-2023, 02:43 AM)Can the Man Wrote: Didn’t take any phots but it looks like I won’t be getting any Christmas spuds, they appear to have got a dart of frost during the week and most of the stems have gone limp leaves yellowed…..
I’ll leave them in the raised beds they might kick back to life again in the spring
I gave up trying for Christmas spuds in my neck of the woods many years ago.I even had them surrounded by straw, in a cold frame with a paraffin heater in it and they STILL got frosted at an early stage. Once bitten,twice shy for me! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man