DIY Herb Teas
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-03-2022, 05:00 PM)Veggie Wrote: Adding a link to the Chai Guild of plants https://balkanecologyproject.blogspot.co...-SywT-UjMM
I rather like the thought of a Tea Garden - all the plants growing together. Wandering out early morning with my teapot and picking enough for a cuppa - wearing a floaty floral frock and frothy, floppy hat............................Nah, its never going to happen like that. Wink

Not a good look in rigger boots Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You've been warned - I have a new book called Wild Tea and I may become even more boring as I discover the delights, or otherwise, of making tea from the garden. Its a bit early in the year for the deciduous plants but Rosemary, Sage and Bay (never knew you could use it for tea) are available in the Tea Shop at the end of the garden. Young nettles and mint are appearing too. Wonder which one I'll choose tomorrow?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You'll have to let us know which ones you like, it might inspire the rest of us.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Bay leaf tea today as I have enough bay to make tea for Wales for a year.
The book advised boiling/simmering 3/4 leaves in a mug of water for 4 minutes but that's way too much faff for me so I put 3 leaves (cracked in half) in a teapot and I'll top it up for the rest of the day as usual.
I've always liked the scent of bay leaves and that's the taste of the tea. Hardly any colour to it but refreshing. I'm going to give it full marks Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, SarrissUK

Bren Offline
I like a mix of lemon balm and mint.
My favourite is lemon and ginger but I don’t grow either of those.
So instead I’ve got slices of lemon and ginger in the freezer.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’ve just seen raspberry leaf tea on Facebook. Have you tried that one.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Yes, but many years ago. Strawberry leaf is another one to try.
My Tea of the Day is Eqyptian mint - I should have used more leaves but didn't want to denude it this early in the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I added a bay leaf to the Egyptian Mint tonight and it gave the tea a bit more oomph.

Farendwoman Offline
Just spotted this …..
. While the health benefits of eating avocado are fairly known, the benefits of the avocado pit have been flying under the radar (and into the garbage). But the seeds are at the literal heart of the avocado, and per Well+Good, they contain a large majority of the fruit's antioxidants -- a whopping 70%. They are also anti-inflammatory. You can make your own by simply boiling the pit for five minutes until soft, removing it to cut into smaller pieces. Brew it again for ten minutes and then drink the remaining liquid, which you can also sweeten to your liking. And that's the tea.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(06-02-2023, 03:26 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve just seen raspberry leaf tea on Facebook. Have you tried that one.

Raspberry leaf tea is very common for 'female' problems, hot flushes, period pains, easing pregnancy etc, it does something  to hormones I think.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie