Garden And Gossip Forums
2024 - What I sowed today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I sowed today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: 2024 - What I sowed today (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Farendwoman - 16-05-2024

If this works for you, I will be regretting getting rid of all those teeny weeny module trays!

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - JJB - 16-05-2024

(15-05-2024, 09:11 PM)Veggie Wrote: After sowing beans in bags, I sowed another 60 beans in another experiment. I had a module tray with tiny modules, the sort that teeny weeny seedlings arrive in, when you think you've bought something a lot larger!. Each module was just large enough for a bean. I put some compost in each hole, added a bean and covered them over with a bit more compost. Gave them some water and put them in a cage in GH3.
 That's novel, I never thought of using the trays that way. I'm always loathe to throw them away.  You'll have to give a progress report later. Looking forward to it.  On the other hand I might join you

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Veggie - 16-05-2024

OK, here's a progress report as requested...................

they haven't done anything yet!

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - JJB - 16-05-2024

(16-05-2024, 11:30 AM)Veggie Wrote: OK, here's a progress report as requested...................

they haven't done anything yet!
What?!
 I'd have thought your beans in sunshiny South Wales would be jumping by now. Give them a jolly good talking to.

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Veggie - 18-05-2024

(15-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(15-05-2024, 10:50 AM)Veggie Wrote: I've never had much joy with "chitting" - I think I'm too generous with the water. You've reminded me of a third way I did have some success with though!. Fill a plastic bag with just damp compost, bung in the beans, mix them in, seal the bag and wait until you see signs of life through the plastic. I'm going to try that today!
Done! A big handful of saved Hunter beans (a couple of years old) in one bag and some Courgette seeds in another bag plus some of the same courgettes in a pot, sown as usual as a control. All 3 are in a heated propagator in the bedroom where I can say Goodnight and Hello in the morning to them.  Big Grin
The courgette seeds in a bag have germinated - in 3 days.  Big Grin  I turned the propagator off on the 2nd day as the compost felt too hot and I didn't want to cook the seeds.

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Garrett - 18-05-2024

Chitted climbing beans in root trainers:

A Cosse Violette (purple)
Meuch (mottled)
Trail of Tears (for drying)
Madeira Maroon (for drying)

Chitted dwarf bean Purple Queen sowed directly outside

Various California Poppies and Nasturtiums sowed directly outside

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - JJB - 19-05-2024

Put some more chitted beans into modules, the rest went back in boxes in the airing cupboard.

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Vinny - 19-05-2024

Nine packets of flower seeds.

RE: 2024 - What I sowed today - Garrett - 19-05-2024

More chitted beans in root trainers.

French:
Trail of Tears
Meuch
Golden Gate
Deb's Creek (dry)
Coco Bicolour (dry)
Tunny (dry)

Runners: